<body>
Monday, October 09, 2006

I'm reclining on a white deckchair facing an aqua pool surrounded by palm trees with a laptop, a glass of bundy cream liqueur and a piece of coconut cream tart beside me. The sun is shining warmly on my back and frankly I have the entire day to myself-luxury of free time to indulge in brainless women's magazines and fantasize about possibilities, dreams and knights in shining armors. Free time alone is a luxury that too often one with a solitary lifestyle fails to recognize in their desire to seek for company. It's lovely though, to realize that I can just kick back, let my mind rest in peace and watch the world go by feeling blessed and rejuvenated in my own company.
.
I've also experimented cooking, from teriyaki marinated chicken stir-fry to western salads. Took some private lessons on learning to Waltz-I felt like a duck though, because the steps are so different to Latin it's hard refraining myself from moving those hips and pointing my toes down!!
.
Lately I've been thinking about relationships.
.
Carrie: "When it comes to relationships, maybe we're all in glass houses, and shouldn't throw stones. Because you can never really know. Some people are settling down, some are settling and some people refuse to settle
for anything less. Than butterflies..."
.
Just chatted to some galpals about finding 'the one'. After fluttering about like a social butterful for quite awhile, I'm like a butterfly exhausted of flying and yearn of shelter. The saying always goes that you meet that right person when you stop looking. I wonder where that elusive soulmate of mine is right now. One does grow weary when the journey’s been long and so many Mr-could-be-rights turn out to be Mr Wrongs. But I have faith and I shall continue to try. Sure the foreseeable future may be filled with breathtaking highs and heartbreaking lows, but breath deep and take a leap of faith into the unknown. After all, I prefer to think I'm still that 'glass half full' kind of girl.
.
Note to myself: from now on, love thyself and don't waste time on dead-end relationships.

xiao ying @ 2:12 PM.

0 Comments